7 Lessons from a Lost Parking Ticket
I go to work riding my motorcycle, and normally I park in the 2nd floor of our parking building. Although the wind blows through, it doesn’t always blow hard in there.
Today is different…
All of a sudden, a strong wind blew in and took the ticket made of light paper away from my hand and carried it outside of the building. (Maybe I was busy thinking of monthly bills, that I was not holding the ticket tightly.) I tried to see where it’s going to land, but the wind took it further up high.
Realizing there’s a fine for lost ticket, I sighed in frustration as I watch the now-300-pesos-worth piece of paper glide away until it’s gone.
I always believe that when something unusual happens in my daily life experience, God is often working behind the scenes, and it is a time to tune in to my spiritual antenna so I can receive His message.
Although still upset, I prayed and asked, “What is it this time, Lord? Is it for a LESSON or for a REASON?
The answer came as fast as that unusual wind:
- I am the Lord your God. I am sovereign. I give, I take away.
- Whenever I take something away, I replace them with something much better. Bigger than your biggest container, greater than your wildest imagination; Good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.
- No matter how much you save for your future, or plan to avoid loss or minimize risks, there are always things beyond your control.
- The only thing you are sure of is now. Enjoy your NOW. Don’t sacrifice your today just because you are preoccupied about preparing for your tomorrow. What if it doesn’t come? Then you labor in vain.
- Life is unpredictable. There are THINGS UNEXPECTED that will come in WAYS UNEXPECTED and in TIMES UNEXPECTED.
- Good news: I AM GOD EVEN OF THE UNEXPECTED THINGS in life.
- What happened today is a gentle reminder that I am actively involved in your life; we are in this together and I AM CONTROL.
So now on top of the bills I need to pay, I’m going to pay 300 pesos tonight. But a lesson from the Lord and an assurance of His provision is far too valuable.
Thoughts to Ponder:
How about you? In what unusual ways did God speak to you today? Or are you also too busy for your tomorrow? Be careful. Some lessons are far too costly.
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
— Matthew 6:25-34